Sunday, March 9, 2014
Saturday, March 1, 2014
Get ready to be thrilled as Cricket's big rivals Pakistan and India are meeting in the highly anticipated game of Asia Cup 2014. Lets have a quick look at the stats.
ODI played between the two: 125
Pakistan won: 71
India won: 50
No result: 4
Asia Cup stats:
Met in Asia Cup: 10 times
Pakistan won: 4
India won: 5
No result: 1
Pakistan won Asia Cup: 2 times
India won Asia Cup: 5 times
Matches played on Neutral Grounds:
Total matches: 68
Pakistan won: 38
India won: 28
Now the match of this Asia Cup (2014)
Squads (via Cricinfo)
Pakistan (likely): 1 Ahmed Shehzad, 2 Sharjeel Khan, 3 Mohammad Hafeez, 4 Misbah-ul-Haq (capt), 5 Sohaib Maqsood, 6 Umar Akmal (wk), 7 Shahid Afridi, 8 Anwar Ali, 9 Umar Gul, 10 Saeed Ajmal, 11 Junaid Khan.
India (likely): 1 Rohit Sharma, 2 Shikhar Dhawan, 3 Virat Kohli (capt), 4 Ajinkya Rahane, 5 Dinesh Karthik (wk), 6 Ambati Rayudu, 7 Ravindra Jadeja, 8 R Ashwin, 9 Bhuvneshwar Kumar, 10 Mohammed Shami, 11 Varun Aaron.
Stats and trivia (via Cricinfo)
If he plays, Ravindra Jadeja will make his 100th ODI appearance .
The last meeting between India and Pakistan in Mirpur, in March 2012, was Sachin Tendulkar's last ODI appearance.
Last matches (via Cricinfo)
(Completed matches, most recent first)
· Out of last 4 ODIs, Mahindra Dhoni was Man of the Match for 2 matches. He is not the part of current squad
· Virat Kohli is the top scorer of Asia Cup 2014 till date (164 runs) followed by Umar Akmal on #2 (176)
· Mohammad Shami is top wicket-taker of the tournament with 7 wickets, followed by Malinga on 2 (6 wickets)
· Umar Akmal has hit most of the sixes of tournament i.e. 6
· Virat Kohli shares most fours of the tournament with Sangakkara (20 fours)