Get ready to be thrilled as Cricket's big rivals Pakistan and India are meeting in the highly anticipated game of Asia Cup 2014. Lets have a quick look at the stats.
ODI played between the two: 125
Pakistan won: 71
India won: 50
No result: 4
Asia Cup stats:
Met in Asia Cup: 10 times
Pakistan won: 4
India won: 5
No result: 1
Pakistan won Asia Cup: 2 times
India won Asia Cup: 5 times
Matches played on Neutral Grounds:
Total matches: 68
Pakistan won: 38
India won: 28
Now the match of this Asia Cup (2014)
Squads (via Cricinfo)
Pakistan (likely): 1 Ahmed Shehzad, 2 Sharjeel Khan, 3 Mohammad Hafeez, 4 Misbah-ul-Haq (capt), 5 Sohaib Maqsood, 6 Umar Akmal (wk), 7 Shahid Afridi, 8 Anwar Ali, 9 Umar Gul, 10 Saeed Ajmal, 11 Junaid Khan.
India (likely): 1 Rohit Sharma, 2 Shikhar Dhawan, 3 Virat Kohli (capt), 4 Ajinkya Rahane, 5 Dinesh Karthik (wk), 6 Ambati Rayudu, 7 Ravindra Jadeja, 8 R Ashwin, 9 Bhuvneshwar Kumar, 10 Mohammed Shami, 11 Varun Aaron.
Stats and trivia (via Cricinfo)
If he plays, Ravindra Jadeja will make his 100th ODI appearance .
The last meeting between India and Pakistan in Mirpur, in March 2012, was Sachin Tendulkar's last ODI appearance.
Last matches (via Cricinfo)
(Completed matches, most recent first)
· Out of last 4 ODIs, Mahindra Dhoni was Man of the Match for 2 matches. He is not the part of current squad
· Virat Kohli is the top scorer of Asia Cup 2014 till date (164 runs) followed by Umar Akmal on #2 (176)
· Mohammad Shami is top wicket-taker of the tournament with 7 wickets, followed by Malinga on 2 (6 wickets)
· Umar Akmal has hit most of the sixes of tournament i.e. 6
· Virat Kohli shares most fours of the tournament with Sangakkara (20 fours)